Grade 7 (Ages 12-13)
Grade 7 marks an important milestone in middle school education. It is a year of significant growth and transition as students delve into more advanced academic subjects and begin to take on greater responsibility for their learning and personal development.
Our Grade 7 program is designed to equip students with the skills and mindset necessary for success in their academic journey. Our dedicated teachers employ a variety of effective teaching methods, tailored to the unique needs of Grade 7 students. These methods include project-based learning, collaborative group work, and research-based assignments, all aimed at fostering critical thinking, creativity, and engagement.
– Turkish Language and Literature: The Turkish Language and Literature curriculum in Grade 7 focuses on strengthening students’ reading, writing, and communication skills in their native language. Through the exploration of a diverse range of literary works, students develop a deeper appreciation for Turkish language and literature.
– Mathematics: The Grade 7 mathematics curriculum builds upon the foundational concepts introduced in earlier grades, introducing more complex mathematical topics. Students develop problem-solving skills, logical reasoning, and a solid mathematical foundation.
– Science and Technology: In Grade 7, students delve into the fascinating world of science and technology. They explore various scientific disciplines, conduct experiments, and engage in hands-on learning experiences that foster curiosity, critical thinking, and scientific inquiry.
– Social Studies: The Grade 7 Social Studies curriculum provides students with a comprehensive understanding of history, geography, and civics. They explore different cultures, historical events, and societal structures, developing a global perspective and a deeper appreciation for the world around them.
– Religious Culture and Ethics: For Muslim students, Religious Culture and Ethics focuses on Islamic education, teaching them about the principles and practices of Islam. Non-Muslim students study Ethics, which explores moral and ethical principles from a secular perspective.
– Fine Arts: Grade 7 students have the opportunity to engage in both visual arts and music. They explore various artistic techniques, express their creativity, and develop an appreciation for different forms of artistic expression.
– Physical Education and Sports: Physical Education classes promote physical fitness, motor skills, and teamwork. Students participate in a variety of sports and activities that encourage an active and healthy lifestyle.
– Citizenship and Human Rights Education: This subject emphasizes the importance of responsible citizenship and promotes an understanding of human rights. Students learn about democratic values, social justice, and global issues, empowering them to become informed and engaged citizens.
By offering a comprehensive curriculum and employing effective teaching methods, our Grade 7 program ensures that students are well-prepared for the academic challenges and personal growth that lie ahead.
English Language Powered by CLLC
As an optional curriculum, we offer English language themes powered by the Canadian Language Learning College (CLLC). These themes are designed to help students develop their English language skills through interactive activities and real-life scenarios.