Grade 8 (Ages 13-14)
Local High School Preparation
Overseas High School Planing
Grade 8 marks the final year of middle school, serving as an important bridge towards high school. As students enter this grade, they encounter more intricate academic subjects and gradually cultivate their independence and sense of responsibility.
Our Grade 8 curriculum is specifically designed to equip students with the necessary skills and mindset for high school. To foster independent learning and critical thinking, our teachers employ a diverse range of teaching methods. These include project-based learning, collaborative group work, and research-oriented assignments, all aimed at engaging students and promoting their overall learning experience.
– Turkish Language and Literature: This subject focuses on enhancing students’ reading, writing, and communication skills in Turkish. It also introduces them to various literary works and encourages critical analysis.
– Mathematics: The mathematics curriculum in Grade 8 delves deeper into fundamental concepts and introduces more complex mathematical topics. Students develop problem-solving strategies and analytical thinking skills.
– Science and Technology: This subject covers various scientific disciplines, including physics, chemistry, and biology. Students explore scientific concepts, conduct experiments, and engage in hands-on learning experiences.
– Social Studies: Social Studies in Grade 8 provides students with a comprehensive understanding of history, geography, and civics. They learn about different cultures, societies, and historical events that have shaped our world.
– Religious Culture and Ethics: For Muslim students, this subject focuses on Islamic education, teaching them about the principles and practices of Islam. Non-Muslim students study Ethics, which explores moral and ethical principles from a secular perspective.
– Fine Arts: Grade 8 students have the opportunity to explore both visual arts and music. They learn various artistic techniques, develop their creativity, and appreciate different forms of artistic expression.
– Physical Education and Sports: Physical Education classes aim to promote physical fitness, motor skills, and teamwork. Students participate in a variety of sports and activities that encourage an active and healthy lifestyle.
– Citizenship and Human Rights Education: This subject emphasizes the importance of responsible citizenship and promotes an understanding of human rights. Students learn about democratic values, social justice, and global issues.
By offering a comprehensive curriculum and employing effective teaching methods, our Grade 8 program ensures that students are well-prepared for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in their high school education.
English Language Powered by CLLC
As an optional curriculum, we offer English language themes powered by the Canadian Language Learning College (CLLC). These themes are designed to help students develop their English language skills through interactive activities and real-life scenarios.